Changes to billing arrangements – May 2020.
As of 19th May 2020, we will be charging a private fee for Telehealth consultations. The maximum out of pocket gap payment (i.e. after Medicare rebate) will be $50.00.
There are exceptions to this new private billing policy:
1. If you are in a vulnerable group (see below*) you will also continue to be bulk-billed for Telehealth consultations.
2. If you have symptoms to suggest a possible COVID infection, you will be bulk-billed. (please refer to our COVID-19 section for further information)
- Commonwealth concession card or pension card holders;
- Children under 16 years;
- Aged 70 years or older;
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander aged 50 years or older;
- Pregnant women;
- A parent of a child under 12 months of age;
- If you are immunocompromised;
- If you have a chronic medical condition that increases your risk of COVID-19 infection.
Your GP will be able to advise you.
Influenza vaccine 2020 – April 2020
We now have stock for those patients who are eligible for the free influenza vaccine and are doing vaccine clinics at our surgery. These are undertaken under stringent safety measures. Please ensure you have your influenza vaccine.
The eligibility criteria for free influenza vaccines in 2020 include:
- children aged six months to younger than five years
- pregnant women (during any stage of pregnancy)
- all people aged 65 years and older
- people aged six months and older with chronic medical conditions that increase the risk of influenza disease complications
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged six months and older
If you are unsure about your eligibility, please check with us.
If you are not eligible for the free influenza vaccine, we are still awaiting supplies of private influenza vaccines which have unfortunately been delayed, probably until early June. We will advise here as soon as it is available.
Staff News – April 2020
We are delighted to welcome back Dr Mark Strelnikow who has cut short his extended leave in view of the coronavirus pandemic.
We are also delighted to welcome Polly, who has joined our team at reception.